This Year Valentine's Day is Different
If there is one lesson we learned last year and that we want to take into 2021 is definitely the importance of being surrounded by loving people. Being quarantined and distant from friends and family helped us realize how important they are in our lives, and how cultivating those relationships is one of the keys to a happy life.
Usually, Valentine's Day is about showing our partners how much we love them, but if you find yourself single, February 14th can be a tricky day. But this year is different, thanks to what we learned in 2020, we want to invite you to take advantage of this special date and show all of your loved ones how much you appreciate them. Not only your partner but also friends and family.
Here we share some ideas for you to show your affection this Valentine's Day:
- Take a short break and video call the people you haven't been able to see this year.
- Write an email (or letter) sharing the way certain people have impacted your life and send it to them.
- Send a gift their way, just a small detail to show you keep them in your thoughts.
- Analyze who are the people who bring you joy into your life, and who doesn't. Keep close to those who fill your life with positive energy.
- Practice self-love. Take a moment every day to show yourself some love, you can't be the best for the people who surround you if you are not feeling the best.